November is traditionally thought of as a time to gather around a meal with family and friends and give thanks for the blessings in your life…As a business owner, it’s also a good time to stop and be thankful for your independent insurance agent or broker!
While often overlooked, there is an inherent value in having an educated, professional, independent insurance agent or broker in your corner. As you pause to be thankful this month, a few reasons below to also give a thought of thanks to your independent agent or broker:
1. Not tied in to any one specific carrier, an independent agent or broker is specifically focused on getting the best product for you.
2. Looking at the big picture, your independent agent or broker will go beyond just getting you the best rate on a policy – they will ensure that you are getting the rightpolicy to match your actualneeds.
3. Your agent or broker will help you understand your risks and evaluate all the various insurance products out there, not just the ones a specific carrier may offer — Helping you identify areas of exposure you may not have been aware of and securing a policy to cover that exposure.
4. Licensed agents and brokers are required to stay current on the latest legislative and policy changes in the industry and you can sleep with peace of mind that your agent or broker has completed necessary continuing education required by law.
5. An independent agent or broker can bundle together policies from various carriers to cover all your needs into one comprehensive package and service your needs year-round, easing paperwork and communication burdens for you or your staff.
6. As a local member of your community, an independent agent or broker is committed to not only your success but the success of others and are often connectors between business groups and leaders — you may find new business or networking opportunity through your agent or broker.
7. Your independent insurance agent or broker often has a knowledge base beyond just insurance. Working with various businesses across categories with varied coverage needs, your independent agent or broker can be a tremendous resource when it comes to other needs for your business, linking you with legal, HR, healthcare and safety consultants and resources as needed.
As you stop to give thanks this holiday season, remember your independent agent or broker is always looking out for your best interests and is also thankful for you!